Sunday, February 14, 2010

Another South Padre Is





This was one of those "I saw someone else's layout and knew I needed to scraplift!" kind of experiences. The sketch is from http://ideasforscrapbookers.blogspot.com/search/label/templates. Of course, I see all my flaws, but generally, I think I am happy with it. The paper is from My Mind's Eye; the Adventure Series--Breaking Free. The stripe is called Four Mile Stripe, and the other is Blue Texture. I cut the title using Songbird and my Cricut (at 1 /2"). I chalked with Blue Iris, Creamy Brown, and Chesnut. The flourish is cut from Home Accents, and the scalloped oval is from Storybook (plain one is Plantin Schoolbook).

The pictures are from our Thanksgiving trip to South Padre Is., Tx. Being the silly, emotional person I am, I wanted a photo of my family in matching shirts. Everyone else in the photo went along with it because it meant so much to me; honestly, they thought it was sort of wierd. Just north or east (depending on how you think of it I guess) of the city, are beaches without hotels and beach houses. A short walk provided the most amazing place. The sand was soft and warm. Grasses swayed in the breeze, and a weathered sand fence framed the setting. The sky was a perfect blue and the ocean turquoise. Add to this the people I love the most--my husband of 19 years, our son, and my baby brother, and it is a precious memory with a photo capturing one serene moment of it.

No comments: