Saturday, April 3, 2010

The Alamo






I wish these photos did better service to the papers used here. The background paper is from DCWV's Rustic Stack. It is a very old looking map that works perfectly with the age of the Alamo. The two Cricut cuts are from Destinations, and again, I wish the blue, cloudy paper showed better.

The photos are from our trip, last November, to Texas. Liam and I had never been to San Antonio, and I have to admit that I didn't expect the Alamo to be right in the middle of down town. All the photos I'd seen of it always made me think it was outside the city on a sizable piece of land. Nope, it is smack dab in downtown, with sky scrapers and traffic and all. Still, it is a pretty amazing place to visit, to know that famous men of our country's history stood and died there. I hope to do another layout, using the night photos, later this week. Those photos capture the haunting aspect that most got to me while we were there.

No comments: