Tuesday, July 13, 2010

BBQ Birthday invitations





Liam's birthday BBQ invitations are done! Now, I just need to get them delivered or in the mail!

I knew I would be using my new Cricut Lite Block Party cartridge for the cuts, which I did, and Liam knew he wanted burgers on the front. Luckily, I had also just run across a fantastic card on the cricut board. It was made by Tammy of cricutcritters. I loved her background/base ideas and card-lifted them! This led to the use of black and the cute scallop oval from the B is for Boy cartridge. I knew I wanted to use some gingham, red and white ribbon, inspired by the table clothes we'll be using, and Liam wanted some turquoise in there too. The burgers were cut at 4". The oval and scallop oval were cut at 10" (but are layers and not actually that large). BBQ was cut at 2", and the tag, from Very Merry Tags, was cut at 3". I wish I could show the inside, as it has a gingham boarder, grill, and the phrase "come 'n get it," but it also has contact info, our address, and map, which I'm thinking I'd rather not broadcast quite so openly! LOL

Now, to work on the decorations!

No comments: