Thursday, July 8, 2010

Easter 2005




Liam is very matter of fact. When he turned 8, he stopped playing with Thomas the Tank Engine, becasue the packaging said, "For Children 5-8." LOL Luckily, SpongeBob Squarepants caught his attention and was made "For Children 5-99." This picture happens to be from 2005. We were in Albuquerque for spring break, and he was so worried that the Easter Bunny wouldn't know where to deliver his basket or hide the eggs. Luckily for him, the bug bunny is wise and knew exactly where we were. He managed to deliver the basket and hide the eggs in the very room where Liam slept! Needless to say, Laim was astounded when he woke to Easter in a hotel room!

I'm not sure how much I like this layout. Really, if it were anyone else's, I probably love it, but since it is mine and not really my usual style, I feel disconnected from it a bit. Anyhow, the cuts are mostly from Cricut's SpongeBob cartridge, though the eggs are from the Easter mini. SpongeBob was cut at 5", and still, his pieces were very, very tiny. The ocean floor is chalked with brown, chestnut roan, and creamy brown. Most of the paper is just solids, but the seaweed has a stripe to it that is hard to see here, and the coral is mottled with a bit of glitter too. They are both from My Mind's Eye and were scraps left over from other projects. The Stickles on the jellyfish are waterfall and cotton candy, and the date on the egg is lemon.

2 comments:

DtsArt said...

what a cute Sponge Bob LO. I have a blog AWARD for YOU!

Kelli said...

I think this LO is adorable!!