Monday, January 17, 2011

Welcome to Texas



In 2009, our family drove 16 hours to spend Thanksgiving with my husband's family. 16 hours in a car with a teen... 16 hours of some of the most boring landscape in the world... Often 4 or more hours between towns (and horrible restrooms I might add). Still, this was our son's first long road trip and his first trip to Texas, which meant state-line photos! LOL He had fun pretending to hold the sign and lean against it.

This is a really simple layout. The one patterned paper is from a cheapy kit I got several years ago--you know the kind with 150ish papers that sounds like a good idea, but then, they never go with any of your photos. To date, this is only the second paper I've used from it... Note too that I totally had to ignore the colors of the shirt and sign or risk a layout that looked like a circus visit. The only Cricut cut is from Graphically Speaking. Journaling font is Garmond, my go-to font. The layout is from a Pagemaps sketch in Oct 2009.

No comments: