Thursday, August 6, 2009

Have I Mentioned How Much We Adore Silverton?







I think two of my previous posts (of which there are not many yet) are of layouts done while jeeping around Silverton, and here I am again sharing another! Do you get the notion that my family likes that tiny, Colorado town just a little? We do! It is almost a family tradition for us to spend the Fourth of July in and around Silverton. Some years, it is a quick trip up and down with an overnight stay in between, and some years, like this one, it is a weekend adventure. We pitched our tent in front of Craig's parents' motor home, jeeped, and enjoyed the best of small town celebrations--the parade, rhubarb festival, rubber duck race, and more.

This was one of the hardest pages I've ever done. I think I had scrapper's block or something. I am finally happy with how it turned out, though I had to forgo some photos I would have loved to include (like L with one of the "good ole girls"). I still need to journal, which I will do in that blue border. The image cuts are from Stand and Salute, and the font is Plantin Schoolbook (for those cricut users out there).

No comments: