Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Bisti Badlands







I am not nearly as caught up on scrapbooking as this layout makes it seem! I scrap out of order and do what interests me on any particular day. Well today, it was the photos from last week's trip to the Bisti Badlands with my family and my brother and his girlfriend.

The blue, background cardstock, which does have a slight pattern to it, came from DCWV's Summer Stack 2009. The brown, which is mottled, came from The Paper Studio's Safari stack. The green and the box-covered papers came from Basic Grey's Archaic Collection, and the stripe is from My Mind's Eye's Twinkle Twinkle Little Boy stack. The brads are by Paper Studio. There aren't many Cricut cuts on this one (because all their border cuts are too girly! Note to Cricut, please make some masculine borders too!), but the tag is from Plantin Schoolbook, and the title font is from Lyrical Letters.

The layout, btw, is from Pagemaps, and it was used as this week's Layin It Down Challenge sketch over on the Cricut board. Although I did follow it pretty closely, it isn't an exact match.

Anyhow, The Bisti Badlands is the least visited national park in the US! Last statistic I read said less than 500 people visit it a year! This is so sad, as it is an amazing place. It is isolated and sort of spooky, but it is also like standing next to the ocean--makes you feel small and like there is possibility everywhere. Sarah, who is from the Midwest, had never seen anything like it and thought it was stunning. I do too!

No comments: